My name is Katie Reichert and I am a designer. I was born on the east coast but grew up in Denver. I love skiing and snowboarding, SCUBA diving, rock climbing, making web pages, and just about anything else that has to do with computers.
I graduated Cum Laude from Creighton University in the spring of 2011 with a major in Graphic Design and two minors, one in Interactive Web Design and another in French. Nine days after graduation I went to Paris, France for two and a half months to continue studying French at l'Université Paris-Sorbonne (lV). Now I am currently living in Denver and am enjoying the mountains and all the possibilities that a big city provides. Although I loved my time I spent at Creighton in Omaha, it's nice being back home.
If you have any questions or comments, please send me a message - I would love to hear from you!
Here is a short list of things that I have done. Please leave me a message if you want my full resumé.
Creighton University - Omaha, NE - 2007 to 2011
Minor: Interactive Web Design and French
- Design and build website for clients
- Created a back end client portal
- Various graphic design projects including a book covers, vinyl signs, calandars, and logos
- Redesigned and built order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails for the eCommerce website.
- Created bi-weekly emails for marketing campaigns.
- Redesign of the company wordpress blog.
- Created a new method of orginization within the marketing department.
- Built banner ads of all sizes for the website.
- full time intern promoted to a fill time web design position
- balancing multiple projects
- researching new and innovative ways to market companies
- clients include:
- VastPro - I designed and built the main website, Franchising, Energy Solutions, Roofing, and VastElla websites. I also took part in creating the identity and brand of VastPro, VastElla, VastPro Roofing, VastPro Franchising, and VastPro Energy Solutions.
- Real Green Marketing - I built the main company website and VastConnect website (a website used to market and sell Real Green Marketing's call center).
- Scope Technologies - I designed and built the main company website and took part in branding the company.
- Metro Construction - I take part in various projects including designing and building a 'blue envelope' marketing campaign (website and facebook plugin) and putting together the Metro web store (taking and editing pictures, working with os commerce to create the store and uploading the pictures / information to the store).
- part of a select student team that designed print, web, & social media projects including:
- logo, web header, and letterhead for Hope in the Heartland, a fundraiser for American Cancer Society
- Phone and Android app for Omaha YP Summit
- designed and maintain a construction business website in English & French
- Update and maintain website as needed
- senior intern later promoted to a part time position
- created spreads and ads for the magazine
- helped to maintain the website associated with the magazine
- created the digital issue of the magazine for the website
- managed social media including facebook and podcasts
- researched new technologies to supplement the magazine
- dresses as Creighton University's mascot
- attended various charity and alumni events as well as sports events as Billy BlueJay
- manager of the Billy BlueJay team for the 2010/2011 school year
I design with the Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and Dreamweaver) and can code in HTML, PHP, CSS and jQuery. I am also filmiller with MySQL, eCommerse, and AJAX.
I also know Quark, Maya, Wordpress and am a Final Cut Studio Master Pro (Color correction in Final Cut Studio Level One, Final Cut Pro Level One and Two, and Motion 4 Level One)
Here are a few things that I have completed. Please feel free to contact me if you would like a complete list of the designs I have done.
Feel free to send me an email with any questions or comments -- I will respond as soon as I can!